Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Eyes

So I'm looking , I mean I'm not blind and I can see stuff around me , and I'm very greatful for that gift. Perhaps the most tricky thing to watch would be something that can watch back , the eyes of your own.
We think of them mostly as parts which grab the information about the surroundings , they widen up in the dark , tighten in the light. But what makes them so special is their ability to give as much information out as they let in. You can read emotions looking into a persons eyes. They give out happyness , sadness , amusement , terror and many other emotions. Have you ever wondered why is it that the tears should come from a part of the eye? Technically it's because in that moment the tear , which is salty water should washes the suface of the eye to let it remain clean , but tears are more than just salty water , they are the result of complex emotions of ours.
Eyes come in various colors like brown , blue , green. I wonder why they don't come in colors like pink , orange , gray or red. Are the coloring of the eyes just for the sake of our beauty , I mean what if our eyes didn't have any color and they were white , that would have been something freaky to look at.
You hear in many of the stories about that feeling when someones eyes meet the other's. So what happens at that moment that make it special like that? Isn't it because when you look into the eyes of that other person yor sure you can't hide emotionally from the other person and neither can they.
Though I've babbled a lot about the eyes , I still don't know much about them. Funny! I look at my eyes everyday and they look at me but we barely know eachother.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL !
    Hoping we get more grateful about our goodies and the granted blessings from God by reading ur reminders ;)

    SmartSis

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice dear simplyme :)
    you are a good English writer! :)

    ReplyDelete